• put your amazing slogan here!

    Coming Soon

    • Oppenheimer
    • Fast and Furious franchise
    • North by Northwest
    • Werewolves Within
    • Ever After

    Oh! Soo-jung: The Virgin Stripped Bare by her Bachelors


    Honestly, I can't say anything positive about this film...except I was so happy when it was over!

    This is the story of a relationship...but what is really happening? Based on the notion that no one remembers a story in the same way, this relationship is first shown through the eyes of the man waiting, Jae-hoon, and the second part is a combined view of the "innocent" gal, Soo-jung, and her boss, Young-soo.

    Young-soo (Seong-kun) is an independent filmmaker. He is interested in Soo-jung (Eun-ju) who is his writer. Then there is Jae-hoon (Bo-seok) who is interested in financing Young-soo's film. Eventually Jae-hoon and Soo-jung date. But what really happens? Who started the relationship? What happened? Who cheated on whom? Did either of them cheat? What kind of personalities do ANY of the characters have?

    --: Overall this film is about sex. All the characters talk about it....frequently. You get to the point where you just want Jae-hoon and Soo-jung to just have sex and get it over with...but predictably this is the film scene of the film. There is lots of nudity or partial nudity. An extremely graphic (and long) sex scene. One character gets raped (or almost gets raped)...and there are a few other scenes that are sexual in nature...
    NOT RECOMMENDED: In my opinion there is no redeemable qualities in this film. I have no idea what happened...I didn't like any of the characters...and after the first few minutes I didn't care, I just wanted it to end. I didn't want to review this film...I didn't want to think about it again, but I couldn't find any reviews of this film online so I decided to write one so no one else would have to suffer through this film (and I had to watch it for a class...gross)

    The Virgin Stripped Bare by her Bachelors [Oh! Soo-jung] (2000) 126 minutes
    Director: Hong Sang-soo
    Starring: Lee Eun-ju as Soo-jung
    Mun Seong-kun as Young-soo
    Jeong Bo-seok as Jae-hoon

    0 comments:

     

    Followers