• put your amazing slogan here!

    Coming Soon

    • Oppenheimer
    • Fast and Furious franchise
    • North by Northwest
    • Werewolves Within
    • Ever After

    The Simpsons Movie


    "Look at that, you can see the four states that border Springfield: Ohio, Nevada, Maine, and Kentucky!"

    Yes, I admit it: I saw "The Simpsons Movie" in theaters and paid the $8 to see it (hangs head in shame), actually I didn't pay for it...but someone else did. Anyway, before I write this review I must admit that I am not the typical Simpsons fan. I discovered the Simpsons when I was in college because my roommate was obsessed. Since then I've watched episodes when I could, but I wouldn't say I'm a try, die-hard fan of the series. With that in mind, here is my review...
    Basically, Springfield (bordered by Ohio, Nevada, Maine & Kentucky...just to clear up it's location) has a pollution problem. It's lake is heavily polluted, so Lisa begins going door to door to get people to stop the pollution. Inevitably it is her father, Homer, who destroys the lake (but I won't tell how). The family is driven out of town and finds refuge in Alaska, BUT when we all know that they'll come back (oh no, was that a spoiler?). Oh yes, and the government is behind the whole thing.


    In general I have to say I enjoyed the film, as did the other 5 people in the theater. There are some laugh-out-loud funny moments (Spider-pig and the skateboarding scene), some mildly funny moments and then there are the parts that drag (the woman Homer meets in Alaska...boring...I was staring at my watch the whole time). The film should have either been longer or a made-for-tv-movie...especially if theaters wanted to charge regular prices...the movie is only an 80 some minutes...and not worth the extra money. Yes it was funny...and yes I like the Simpsons, but come on people!

    If you like the show currently you might like the movie...if you are disappointed in the show over the years, don't go it will continue to disappoint you. But hey, what do I know...

    Dude, it's quotable
    : don't take small children to the movie, but otherwise there are some classic lines (and the Spider Pig theme is pretty catchy)
    Rent it/wait till it's shown on TV: Honestly (and don't hate me for saying it), don't waste your money. We all know it will be on TV sometime (probably on Fox) and if not every Blockbuster will have it, so just wait till the film is thrown at you to see it. It isn't life-changing, it doesn't affect the newest season of the show, and there aren't too many new characters.

    The Simpsons
    Movie (2007) 87 minutes
    Rating: PG-13 for irreverent humor throughout
    Director: David Silverman
    Starring: The voices of...
    Dan Castellaneta as Homer, Krusty the Clown, Itchy
    Julie Kavner as Marge
    Nancy Cartwright as Bart
    Yeardley Smith as Lisa
    Hank Azaria as Moe, Apu
    Harry Shearer as Mr. Burns, Scratchy
    Kelsey Grammer as Sideshow Bob
    Joe Mantegna as Fat Tony

    0 comments:

     

    Followers