• put your amazing slogan here!

    Coming Soon

    • Oppenheimer
    • Fast and Furious franchise
    • North by Northwest
    • Werewolves Within
    • Ever After

    The Hangover


    "To a night the four of us will never forget!"

    Four men average men set off for Las Vegas for a bachelor party.  Before starting the evening, they go out on the roof and have a drink... The next morning, the room is trashed, they can't remember anything, and the groom, Doug (Bartha) is missing.

    Stu (Helms), the uptight dentist, is missing a tooth.  Phil (Cooper), the confident family man and womanizer, is wearing a hospital bracelet.  And Alan (Galifianakis), the awkward brother of the bride, finds a tiger in their bathroom and a baby in their closet.  The vintage Mercedes convertible they borrowed from Alan's father (Jeffrey Tambor) is missing... and they are driving a police car.  People are chasing them, and they aren't sure what happened.  Will they find clues and Doug before the wedding?


    It was purely out of morbid curiosity that I saw this film (and a free rental with redbox didn't hurt).  After months of hearing people rave about it... and seeing all the commercials / trailers, I had to see it.  It was funny and interesting... but pretty vulgar / disgusting in places.

    It was great to see Ed Helms get some serious screen time.  He is my favorite character on the American version of TV's "The Office."  He plays an obnoxious character, but make him simultaneously annoying (I would not want to have him in my life) and endearing... and I think it is a tribute to Helms that the character works as well as he does.

    I am not as familiar with the other actors.... I've seen Bradley Cooper channel his good looks in a few rom coms, but nothing significant.  Justin Bartha has been in a few decent films, but he is barely on the screen in this film.  And I had never seen / heard of Zach Galifianakis until this film... but he was probably the best part (other than Helms).

    There are some interesting characters that pop up.  I won't go into detail here, but I was surprised a few times by the people who appear.  Overall, I'm glad I finally saw this film.  It was funny (not great with morals wise), and I got to see it for free, so I'm not really going to complain.

    The Hangover (2009) 100 minutes
    Rating: R for pervasive language, sexual content including nudity, and some drug material
    Director: Todd Phillips
    Starring: Bradley Cooper as Phil
    Ed Helms as Stu
    Zach Galifianakis as Alan
    Justin Bartha as Doug

    0 comments:

     

    Followers