• put your amazing slogan here!

    Coming Soon

    • Oppenheimer
    • Fast and Furious franchise
    • North by Northwest
    • Werewolves Within
    • Ever After

    Turbo (2013)


    "Are you crazy?"
    "Yeah, I'm crazy! What made you think I was sane?"

    Turbo the snail (Reynolds) dreams about racing in the Indianapolis 500.  Every evening he watches videos of his idol, 5 time champion Guy Gagne (Hader), and does time trials to improve.  Every day he works with the other garden snails to harvest tomatoes.  Everyone thinks his dream is an unrealistic joke.

    An accident gives Turbo extraordinary speed.  He and his brother, Chet (Giamatti), are fired from the their jobs in the garden and end up far away from home.  Turbo joins forces with taco truck visionary Tito (Peno) and a gang of racing snails.  Can Turbo's Indy 500 dreams come true?


    As I have mentioned before, my dad and brother are interested in going fast.  My dad loves racing (Nascar, Indy, Formula One, etc.) and my brother loves Motorcycle racing and has competed a few times.  For that reason, I have a working knowledge of professional racing.  When the trailers for this film first aired, I knew I would end up seeing it.

    It is an intriguing premise and it mostly comes together.  The film has a great voice cast, that perform their roles without pulling you out of the story.  The voices fit the characters and the animation.  I thought it was a cute, inoffensive film that I enjoyed but don't really want to see again.  It didn't do too well in theaters, but it was popular enough to have a television show Turbo FAST on Netflix.

    Turbo (2013) 96 minutes
    Director: David Soren
    Starring: Ryan Reynolds as Theo / Turbo
    Paul Giamatti as Chet
    Michael Peno as Tito
    Samuel L. Jackson as Whiplash
    Luis Guzman as Angelo
    Bill Hader as Guy Gagne
    Snoop Dogg as Smoove Move
    Maya Rudolph as Burn
    Ben Schwartz as Skidmark
    Richard Jennings as Bobby
    Ken Jeong as Kim Ly
    Michelle Rodriguez as Paz

    0 comments:

     

    Followers