• put your amazing slogan here!

    Coming Soon

    • Oppenheimer
    • Fast and Furious franchise
    • North by Northwest
    • Werewolves Within
    • Ever After

    Cottage Country


    "I have a plan."
    "Of course you do"

    After a stressful week, Todd Chipowski (Labine) is excited for a quiet week with his girlfriend Cammie Ryan (Akerman) at his parents cabin.  He wants everything to go well, since he has the perfect plan to propose.  Cammie finds the ring and looks forward to the perfect proposal.  Their week of tranquility is ruined by the arrival of Todd's slacker brother Sallinger (Petronijevic) and his free-spirit girlfriend Masha (Punch) arrive and throw everything into chaos.

    The next day, the brothers get into a fight, which escalates quickly and ends with Todd accidentally killing Sallinger.  Cammie is determine to not let this ruin their week and takes matters into her own hands.  With Sallinger's intoxicated / high friends crashing at the cabin, childhood friend Dov (Ayres) asking questions, and Officer Mackenzie (Grdevich) asking questions, can Todd and Cammie get their happy ending?


    This movie is never what you expect it to be...  you can't predict the ending and most if not all of the characters surprise you.  I was expecting it have a tone similar to Tucker and Dale vs. Evil, which also starred Tyler Labine.

    Labine was the main reason I watched this film.  I loved him on TV in Reaper and Sons of Tucson and in Tucker and Dale vs. Evil, so I decided to give it a chance (especially since it was on Netflix instant streaming).  I also enjoy Malin Akerman, she makes interesting film choices and I love her on TV in Trophy Wife, so this film seemed perfect.  Plus, Lucy Punch is hilarious in everything she does, so the cast as a whole was too good to pass up.

    The film is interesting... unpredictable (which is refreshing) and slightly off-kilter.  I could do with a lot less cursing.  I don't know if I would recommend it, and I don't want to see it again, but it was interesting.  I just added director Peter Wellington's TV show Slings and Arrows to my Netflix queue, because I am interested to see what else he can do.

    Good, but I don't think it will ever be a big hit. 

    Cottage Country (2013) 91 minutes
    Director: Peter Wellington
    Starring: Malin Akerman as Cammie Ryan
    Tyler Labine as Todd Chipowski
    Lucy Punch as Masha
    Dan Petronijevic as Sallinger Chipowski
    Benjamin Ayres as Dov Rosenberg
    Sabrina Grdevich as Officer Mackenzie

    0 comments:

     

    Followers